Churchill Downs and local law enforcement officials expect the new security measures in place for the Kentucky Oaks and Derby May 3-4 to actually help, not hinder, patrons gain access to the facility.
Bottled water bought in the Churchill Downs infield on Oaks and Derby Day will cost $1.25, one penny less than the same product at Thornton's stores in greater Louisville.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile