Bidding for his first win at the top level, Ryan Mark needed an outstretched neck and last stride lunge to capture the NZ$200,000 Sistema Railway Stakes (NZ-I) Jan. 1 at Ellerslie.
Shamal Win took the Oakleigh Plate and Suavito captured the Futurity Stakes (both Aus-I) Feb. 28 at Caulfield Racecourse.
A pair of colts by recently deceased sire Thorn Park brought the top two highest prices at the second session at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale Jan. 31 at Karaka.
A long-range plan ended perfectly Oct. 27 when Ocean Park wore down All Too Hard in the closing stages and captured the $3-million Sportingbet W. S. Cox Plate (Aus-I), Australia's premier weight-for-age race.
Most Popular Stories
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- CHRB Medication Rule Modifications for 2017