The Fasig-Tipton Saratoga fall mixed and horses of racing age sale generated results that were encouraging to the company's officials.
John's Call, a grade I winner and millionaire for Douglas Joyce, was euthanized Feb. 18 at trainer Tom Voss' farm near Monkton, Md.
Trillium Stable's Dreadnaught closed out his 2004 campaign with back-to-back graded stakes victories, coming from off the pace with a dramatic surge to nip Demeteor by a neck with a dramatic surge in the $200,000 W.L. McKnight Handicap at 1 1/2 miles on the Calder Turf Course Saturday.
Former hurdler Dreadnaught won an all-out stretch duel with Certifiably Crazy for his first graded stakes victory in the $150,000 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 3/8 miles on the Aqueduct turf Saturday.
A Baltimore County (Maryland) Circuit Court jury was scheduled to begin hearing testimony Tuesday in a $4-million lawsuit filed by a trainer against another trainer over the design of an artificial track.
John's Call, the 9-year-old gelding who's become a fan favorite, will be supplemented to the Breeders' Cup Turf on Nov. 4 at Churchill Downs, says his trainer Tom Voss.
Trillium Stable's John's Call drew off through the stretch to an impressive 9 1/4-length victory in the $500,000 Sword Dancer Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) Saturday at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday