The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association Medication Committee voted Feb. 23 to endorse the use of race-day furosemide, also called Salix or Lasix, at this year's Breeders' Cup World Championships.
The Kentucky Equine Drug Research Council agreed in principal to allocate $350,000 for research to develop tests for presence of the drugs Inolin and Dizocilpine.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes
- Del Mar's Paddock Sale to be Held July 20