The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association Medication Committee voted Feb. 23 to endorse the use of race-day furosemide, also called Salix or Lasix, at this year's Breeders' Cup World Championships.
The Kentucky Equine Drug Research Council agreed in principal to allocate $350,000 for research to develop tests for presence of the drugs Inolin and Dizocilpine.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- One-Fifth Curlin Share Surpasses $6 Million
- Breaking Lucky Surprises in Prince of Wales
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- Slideshow: 2015 Racing Hall of Fame