Zivo, a New York-bred grade II winner, has been retired and will stand the 2016 season at Irish Hill Century Farm near Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Hard Not to Like hit the wire first in the $150,000 Lambholm South Endeavour Stakes (gr. IIIT) Jan. 31 but was disqualified, moving favored Testa Rossi into the winner's circle at Tampa Bay Downs.
New York-bred Zivo came with a powerful late run up the rail and snatched away victory from pacesetter Moreno in the $500,000 Suburban Stakes (gr. II) July 5 at Belmont Park.
The 7-5 odds on Captain Serious in the $125,000 Mike Lee Stakes turned out to be a gift on New York Showcase Day at Belmont Park May 31, when the undefeated son of Successful Appeal trounced his rivals while geared down.
In her first start since finishing second in last year's Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT), Testa Rossi overpowered 11 other 3-year-old fillies in the stretch to post a 3 1/2-length victory in the Florida Oaks.
Making her first start in the United States, French import Testa Rossi came from far out of it to capture the $200,000 Miss Grillo Stakes (gr. IIIT) by a nose over Sky Painter Oct. 7 on the turf at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill
- Magic Millions Weanling Sale Sets Records
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown