Four men were fined and suspended by stewards at Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course in connection with a Nov. 4 race in which the wrong horse not only ran, but won, and paid $222.40.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Drosselmeyer will retire to stud after making a final start in the Nov. 5 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
A Kentucky judge rejected Jess Jackson's $4 million bid to acquire a 20% interest in reigning Horse of the Year Curlin. Jackson is the majority owner of the 4-year-old champion.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture