Four men were fined and suspended by stewards at Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course in connection with a Nov. 4 race in which the wrong horse not only ran, but won, and paid $222.40.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Drosselmeyer will retire to stud after making a final start in the Nov. 5 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
A Kentucky judge rejected Jess Jackson's $4 million bid to acquire a 20% interest in reigning Horse of the Year Curlin. Jackson is the majority owner of the 4-year-old champion.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch