Four men were fined and suspended by stewards at Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course in connection with a Nov. 4 race in which the wrong horse not only ran, but won, and paid $222.40.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Drosselmeyer will retire to stud after making a final start in the Nov. 5 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
A Kentucky judge rejected Jess Jackson's $4 million bid to acquire a 20% interest in reigning Horse of the Year Curlin. Jackson is the majority owner of the 4-year-old champion.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Three Stakes Highlight Los Alamitos Summer Meet
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement