Four men were fined and suspended by stewards at Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course in connection with a Nov. 4 race in which the wrong horse not only ran, but won, and paid $222.40.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Drosselmeyer will retire to stud after making a final start in the Nov. 5 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
A Kentucky judge rejected Jess Jackson's $4 million bid to acquire a 20% interest in reigning Horse of the Year Curlin. Jackson is the majority owner of the 4-year-old champion.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner