Four men were fined and suspended by stewards at Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course in connection with a Nov. 4 race in which the wrong horse not only ran, but won, and paid $222.40.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Drosselmeyer will retire to stud after making a final start in the Nov. 5 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
A Kentucky judge rejected Jess Jackson's $4 million bid to acquire a 20% interest in reigning Horse of the Year Curlin. Jackson is the majority owner of the 4-year-old champion.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky