A strong middle market helped pace the 2013 Keeneland April 2-year-olds in training sale to solid gains in both average and median April 8 in Lexington.
A Dixie Union filly and a Thewayyouare colt registered the fastest times for their respective breeze distances April 4 at the Keeneland Preview Show in advance of the April 2-year-olds in training sale.
The select portion of New Zealand Bloodstock's National yearling sales series concluded Feb. 1 at Karaka with declines in total sales and average price, but median held steady.
A colt by young sire Thewayyouare sold for $200,000 (US$166,561), the highest price at the first session of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale at Karaka Jan. 30.
French group I winner Thewayyouare will shuttle to Nelson Schick's Windsor Park Stud near Cambridge, New Zealand, for the Southern Hemisphere breeding season.
Not even a No. 1 ranking on this year's leading sires list and 23 stakes winners could keep Giant's Causeway's fee from going down for 2010.
Thewayyouare, a high-class performer at 2 in France, is being retired from racing to join the stallion team at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky. The 4-year-old will become one of the few group I-winning sons of Kingmambo available to Kentucky breeders.
The Coolmore partnership has acquired a majority interest in Thewayyouare, who won the Nov. 1 Criterium International (Fr-I).
Thewayyouare earned his first group I victory with a hard-fought win over Hello Morning in the Criterium International (Fr-I) at Saint-Cloud Nov. 1.
Thewayyouare came from off the pace to capture the listed Criterium de Lyon-Prix Gan Eurocourtage at Lyon-Parilly Sept. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees