International Equine Acquisitions Holdings has sold all 11 of its shares in champion and dual classic winner Big Brown to a group that includes Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm.
Black Tie Affair, 1991 Horse of the Year after winning the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), arrived Nov. 1 in Virginia, where he will stand at Blue Ridge Farm near Upperville.
As soon as Housebuster crossed the state line, he became the leading sire in Virginia and, according to Robert Levy, perhaps the leading sire in the mid-Atlantic. For many who attended the open house at Blue Ridge Farm on Sunday, it was the first time for them to see and welcome Housebuster back to America from Japan.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes