The Jockey Club of Canada Board of Stewards is proud to announce that Frank Stronach will be presented with the E.P. Taylor Award of Merit for his longtime involvement and commitment to Thoroughbred Racing in Canada.
One new steward and eight new members were appointed to The Jockey Club of Canada during the annual meeting of the members in June at Woodbine,
The Queen's Plate and Woodbine Oaks winner has been nominated for top 3-year-old filly and female turf horse honors. The Jockey Club of Canada has announced all the Sovereign Award finalists for its 17 championship divisions.
The Jockey Club of Canada will host the 39th Annual Sovereign Awards party to honor the Canadian champions of 2013. It will be held Friday, April 11 at Woodbine Racetrack in Toronto.
The Jockey Club of Canada will host its 38th annual Sovereign Awards ceremony to honor the Canadian champions of 2012 at Woodbine Racetrack on the eve of the start of its live Thoroughbred race meet.
At the annual meeting of members of The Jockey Club of Canada June 25 at Woodbine Racetrack, three new stewards and 22 new members were appointed to the organization.
The Jockey Club of Canada has named Stacie Roberts as its new executive director.
The Jockey Club of Canada's Canadian Graded Stakes Committee has released its 2004 list of graded stakes, which numbers 38 races, with three graded I events, the Pattison Canadian International, Atto Mile, and E.P. Taylor, all of which are contested at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule