Frankie Dettori led all the way on favorite Scorpion to win the $828,000 St. Leger Stakes (Eng-I), the world's oldest classic, on Saturday for the third time.
Scorpion heads a field of seven for Saturday's group I Ladbrokes St. Leger Stakes at Doncaster Race Course. This will be the smallest field to face the starter since 1992, when the great filly User Friendly defeated six rivals.
Maktoum al Maktoum's Court Masterpiece finally got over the group hump and posted his first win in such company when he edged Jack Sullivan in Tuesday's Lennox Stakes (Eng-II) at England's Goodwood Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'
- Minding Coasts Clear in Pretty Polly
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al