Frankie Dettori led all the way on favorite Scorpion to win the $828,000 St. Leger Stakes (Eng-I), the world's oldest classic, on Saturday for the third time.
Scorpion heads a field of seven for Saturday's group I Ladbrokes St. Leger Stakes at Doncaster Race Course. This will be the smallest field to face the starter since 1992, when the great filly User Friendly defeated six rivals.
Maktoum al Maktoum's Court Masterpiece finally got over the group hump and posted his first win in such company when he edged Jack Sullivan in Tuesday's Lennox Stakes (Eng-II) at England's Goodwood Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud
- VanMeter-Gentry Loaded at Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic