Frankie Dettori led all the way on favorite Scorpion to win the $828,000 St. Leger Stakes (Eng-I), the world's oldest classic, on Saturday for the third time.
Scorpion heads a field of seven for Saturday's group I Ladbrokes St. Leger Stakes at Doncaster Race Course. This will be the smallest field to face the starter since 1992, when the great filly User Friendly defeated six rivals.
Maktoum al Maktoum's Court Masterpiece finally got over the group hump and posted his first win in such company when he edged Jack Sullivan in Tuesday's Lennox Stakes (Eng-II) at England's Goodwood Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test