John and Brad Hennegan, who teamed for the Eclipse Award-winning documentary "The First Saturday in May," have produced a special on the 30 greatest moments in Breeders' Cup history that will air Oct. 19.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Daily Racing Form, and the National Turf Writers Association announced Jan. 9. that the Hennegan Brothers documentary "The First Saturday in May," which chronicled the stories of six horses and their connections on the journey to the 2006 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), has won the 2008 Media Eclipse Award in the national television feature programming category. The 90-minute program aired on HorseRacing TV Oct. 28, 2008.
- By Steve Haskin
Judging from the enthusiastic reaction of the patrons at the Newark Film Festival in Newark, Del. Sept. 6, the Hennegan Brothers' award-winning documentary "The First Saturday in May" is destined for great things once the Hennegans get the film distributed in advance of next year's Run for the Roses.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile