John and Brad Hennegan, who teamed for the Eclipse Award-winning documentary "The First Saturday in May," have produced a special on the 30 greatest moments in Breeders' Cup history that will air Oct. 19.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Daily Racing Form, and the National Turf Writers Association announced Jan. 9. that the Hennegan Brothers documentary "The First Saturday in May," which chronicled the stories of six horses and their connections on the journey to the 2006 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), has won the 2008 Media Eclipse Award in the national television feature programming category. The 90-minute program aired on HorseRacing TV Oct. 28, 2008.
- By Steve Haskin
Judging from the enthusiastic reaction of the patrons at the Newark Film Festival in Newark, Del. Sept. 6, the Hennegan Brothers' award-winning documentary "The First Saturday in May" is destined for great things once the Hennegans get the film distributed in advance of next year's Run for the Roses.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- Maker Trio Heads Muniz Memorial Handicap