John and Brad Hennegan, who teamed for the Eclipse Award-winning documentary "The First Saturday in May," have produced a special on the 30 greatest moments in Breeders' Cup history that will air Oct. 19.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Daily Racing Form, and the National Turf Writers Association announced Jan. 9. that the Hennegan Brothers documentary "The First Saturday in May," which chronicled the stories of six horses and their connections on the journey to the 2006 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), has won the 2008 Media Eclipse Award in the national television feature programming category. The 90-minute program aired on HorseRacing TV Oct. 28, 2008.
- By Steve Haskin
Judging from the enthusiastic reaction of the patrons at the Newark Film Festival in Newark, Del. Sept. 6, the Hennegan Brothers' award-winning documentary "The First Saturday in May" is destined for great things once the Hennegans get the film distributed in advance of next year's Run for the Roses.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- The Curse of Haskin