John and Brad Hennegan, who teamed for the Eclipse Award-winning documentary "The First Saturday in May," have produced a special on the 30 greatest moments in Breeders' Cup history that will air Oct. 19.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Daily Racing Form, and the National Turf Writers Association announced Jan. 9. that the Hennegan Brothers documentary "The First Saturday in May," which chronicled the stories of six horses and their connections on the journey to the 2006 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), has won the 2008 Media Eclipse Award in the national television feature programming category. The 90-minute program aired on HorseRacing TV Oct. 28, 2008.
Judging from the enthusiastic reaction of the patrons at the Newark Film Festival in Newark, Del. Sept. 6, the Hennegan Brothers' award-winning documentary "The First Saturday in May" is destined for great things once the Hennegans get the film distributed in advance of next year's Run for the Roses.
Most Popular Stories
- The Influence of His Majesty
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Los Alamitos Earns NTRA Safety Accreditation
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Integral Flies to Victory in Falmouth Stakes
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Analysis