John and Brad Hennegan, who teamed for the Eclipse Award-winning documentary "The First Saturday in May," have produced a special on the 30 greatest moments in Breeders' Cup history that will air Oct. 19.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Daily Racing Form, and the National Turf Writers Association announced Jan. 9. that the Hennegan Brothers documentary "The First Saturday in May," which chronicled the stories of six horses and their connections on the journey to the 2006 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), has won the 2008 Media Eclipse Award in the national television feature programming category. The 90-minute program aired on HorseRacing TV Oct. 28, 2008.
- By Steve Haskin
Judging from the enthusiastic reaction of the patrons at the Newark Film Festival in Newark, Del. Sept. 6, the Hennegan Brothers' award-winning documentary "The First Saturday in May" is destined for great things once the Hennegans get the film distributed in advance of next year's Run for the Roses.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Tepin Back to Brilliant in Saratoga Work
- Flatter Colt Tops OBS Select Yearling Session
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- 'Cleopatra' in Gate Drill for Debutante
- Southern CA Tracks, TOC Have Dates Agreement
- Gran Villano is 75th Scat Daddy Stakes Winner
- Six Stakes Fill NY Showcase Day
- 'Chrome,' Beholder Weighing Options after PC
- BH 100: Covered Up