John and Brad Hennegan, who teamed for the Eclipse Award-winning documentary "The First Saturday in May," have produced a special on the 30 greatest moments in Breeders' Cup history that will air Oct. 19.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Daily Racing Form, and the National Turf Writers Association announced Jan. 9. that the Hennegan Brothers documentary "The First Saturday in May," which chronicled the stories of six horses and their connections on the journey to the 2006 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), has won the 2008 Media Eclipse Award in the national television feature programming category. The 90-minute program aired on HorseRacing TV Oct. 28, 2008.
Judging from the enthusiastic reaction of the patrons at the Newark Film Festival in Newark, Del. Sept. 6, the Hennegan Brothers' award-winning documentary "The First Saturday in May" is destined for great things once the Hennegans get the film distributed in advance of next year's Run for the Roses.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Fair Grounds Preps a Tale of Two Sexes
- Lenny's Place: Spring Training Edition
- Rock Diva Dances to Auckland Cup Victory
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir Be 'The Boss'
- Slideshow: On the Way In Uruguay
- Wise Dan Back Under Tack March 4, 2015
- HOF Trainer Jerkens in Intensive Care in FL