Churchill Downs Inc. reported a 7.1% increase in net revenue for the third quarter of 2007, but realized a 62.9% decline in net earnings, as the company's chief executive voiced hope for the future on a variety of fronts during a Nov. 8 conference call.
The Fair Grounds and Louisiana horsemen reached a $25 million settlement over video poker purse revenue Aug. 7.
An attorney for the Fair Grounds said Louisiana horsemen were on the verge of a settlement Friday night that could spare the New Orleans track from an auction in bankruptcy court later this month over a $90 million video poker judgement.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Bal a Bali Vying for U.S. Score in American
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining