Churchill Downs Inc. reported a 7.1% increase in net revenue for the third quarter of 2007, but realized a 62.9% decline in net earnings, as the company's chief executive voiced hope for the future on a variety of fronts during a Nov. 8 conference call.
The Fair Grounds and Louisiana horsemen reached a $25 million settlement over video poker purse revenue Aug. 7.
An attorney for the Fair Grounds said Louisiana horsemen were on the verge of a settlement Friday night that could spare the New Orleans track from an auction in bankruptcy court later this month over a $90 million video poker judgement.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- NH House Rejects Expanded Gaming Bill Again
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses