Needy racetrack workers in New England will soon get a leg up from a locally-based charitable organization that has selected the region's backstretch assistance program for an award that comes with a sizable gift.
While the management of Suffolk Downs and horsemen remain locked in a bitter stalemate over a new contract for live racing in 2011, Florida horsemen and the Ohio HBPA have pulled their signals in support.
Dogwood Stable is now accepting nominations for its annual Dogwood Dominion Award for an unsung hero in the Thoroughbred industry. Nominations should be received no later than June 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'