Nine lightly-raced juveniles foaled in Canada look to take home a piece of a $250,000 purse in the Cup and Saucer Stakes, going 1 1/16 miles on the turf at Woodbine Oct. 20.
Champion Big Brown could be represented by the second stakes winner of his first juvenile crop if 2-year-old Archer Hill gets the job done in the $250,000 Summer Stakes (gr. IIT) Presented by TVG at Woodbine Sept. 15.
Marcavelly, a two-time graded stakes winner, sired his first winner when his son The B's and E's won a maiden special weight race on turf at Belmont Park July 15 for breeder/owner Mark Dodson.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77
- Mubtaahij to Aim for Belmont Stakes
- Ellis Park, RaceTech Extend Contract
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star
- Officials Optimistic as Monmouth Meet Nears
- New Racing Fantasy Game Focuses on Jockeys
- New H-2B Visa Program Rules Released
- Kid Cruz Returning to MD for Pimlico Special
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3