Finalists for the 2014 Eclipse Awards were announced Jan. 7 on HRTV at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, Calif. Bayern, California Chrome, and Main Sequence were named as finalists for the Horse of the Year title.
The Breeders' Cup and the Thoroughbred leadership group Vision 2020 announced July 24 the launch of Fantasy 'Capping, a free-to-play online fantasy game that spotlights 12 of the major races leading up to the Breeders' Cup.
The Breeders' Cup announced Aug. 3 that Fenwick Equestrian, a manufacturer and supplier of equine products, has been named an official industry champion partner of this year's Breeders' Cup World Championships.
The Lexington-based law firm Stoll Keenon Ogden PLLC announced that James A. Philpott Jr. has joined its equine law practice.
The Breeders' Cup announced Aug. 22 the introduction of Breeders' Cup Experiences, a concierge service for horsemen, marketing partners, international guests, and other groups attending this year's Breeders' Cup World Championships Oct. 24-25 at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, Calif.
Keeneland has announced the stakes program for its 2006 spring meet. The schedule features two grade elevations and a total of 19 stakes races worth $4,225,000.
The Breeders' Cup Limited announced the election of 13 members to its board of directors through the proportional shareholder voting system by Breeders' Cup foal and stallion nominators.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- Record Derby Week Keys Strong CDI Performance
- Quick Arrest Following Delaware Park Shooting
- Xtra Heat Halter to be Auctioned
- Rock Fall Looks to Step Up in Vanderbilt
- Imagining Heads Tough Bowling Green at Spa
- La Verdad Cruises in Honorable Miss
- March Into Amsterdam Off Two Stakes Victories