The Texas Thoroughbred Association announced its 2016 Texas Champions Jan. 19, and the appropriately named Texas Chrome will be honored as the Texas Horse of the Year.
The first yearling sale held in Texas since 2014 was conducted Aug. 29 at Lone Star Park, topped by a colt and a filly by the state’s leading sire Too Much Bling that sold as part of the dispersal of Lane’s End Texas.
Rose Mary Chandler, owner/breeder of 2011 Texas Horse of the Year Skip a Smile, and the owners and breeders of five other Texas-bred divisional champions were honored by the Texas Thoroughbred Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot