Veteran horse racing industry executive Dan Fick has been named executive director of Texas Horse Organizations for Racing, Showing, and Eventing, effective Jan. 1, 2013.
When the Texas legislature convenes Jan. 13, a bill to legalize alternative gaming at the state's racetracks is ready to be filed. The Texas racing industry has angled for video lottery terminals for the past decade, but in 2009, business will not be as usual.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Nomorerichblondes Leads Home KY Breds in Meydan