Wagering throughout the Western Hemisphere on the Dubai World Cup program reached a new all-time record high this year of $5.1-million.
- By Tom LaMarra
Widespread international simulcasts may be a goal of the United States horse racing industry, but it could be a pipedream unless numerous obstacles are overcome and there is a mindset change.
The 18th International Simulcast Conference in Clearwater Beach, Fla., will feature discussion among representatives of some of the North American pari-mutuel industry's largest computer players.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night