Wagering throughout the Western Hemisphere on the Dubai World Cup program reached a new all-time record high this year of $5.1-million.
- By Tom LaMarra
Widespread international simulcasts may be a goal of the United States horse racing industry, but it could be a pipedream unless numerous obstacles are overcome and there is a mindset change.
The 18th International Simulcast Conference in Clearwater Beach, Fla., will feature discussion among representatives of some of the North American pari-mutuel industry's largest computer players.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- Del Mar Debutante Field Talented and Diverse
- Goldy Espony on Streak Entering Glens Falls
- Back to Business for Liam's Map in Woodward
- Spendthrift Out Front with Top Sires' Fees
- Suffolk to Reopen for First of Three Programs
- No Stability with Texas Commission Funding
- Takeover Target Heads Saranac
- Riker Aims for Third Straight Win in Swynford