The Thoroughbred Owners of California membership has elected Jim Cahill to its board of directors and re-elected five incumbents: Mark Dedomenico, Mike Harrington, Terry Lovingier, Jack Owens, and Bill Strauss.
The board of directors of the Thoroughbred Owners of California unanimously voted to appoint Terry Lovingier to fill a vacancy on the board created by the recent resignation of Madeline Auerbach.
Willa B Awesome, a 2012 grade I winner and California champion, has been retired from racing and is booked to Darley stallion Medaglia d'Oro.
Street Life, a multiple stakes winner by Street Sense, has been retired from racing to stand in 2013 at Terry Lovingier's Lovacres Ranch near Warner Springs, Calif.
Empire Way, a grade II stakes-placed full brother to two-time Breeders' Cup winner Royal Delta, and veteran California stallion Swiss Yodeler will stand in 2013 at Terry Lovingier's Lovacres Ranch near Warner Springs, Calif.
Overlooked Willa B Awesome caught Reneesgotzip at the wire to post a 13-1 upset in the $300,000 Santa Anita Oaks(gr. I) March 31 as odds-on choice Eden's Moon disappointed.
- By Esther Marr
When Willa B Awesome was a foal, breeder/co-owner Terry Lovingier would often stroll from his house to the filly's pasture with a glass of wine to observe her. read blog
Willa B Awesome hit the front early and was never headed as she snuck away to an 11-1 upset in the $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Jan. 28.
California stakes winner Awesome Gambler came through with his first winner when his daughter, Willa B Awesome, scored at Hollywood Park April 21 in her first start.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Starspangledbanner to Return to Coolmore