French-bred Silic, winner of the 1999 Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) at Gulfstream Park has died. The 18-year-old stallion stood in Kentucky and California.
MGM Mirage has ended its deal with the New York Racing Association to build and operate a video lottery terminal casino at Aqueduct.
Trainer Julio Canani said Wednesday that Shining Energy would join the lineup in the $300,000 Gamely Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. IT) for fillies and mares at 1 1/8 miles on turf at Hollywood Park Monday.
The New York Racing Association, under investigation for more than three years, was indicted Thursday on fraud and conspiracy charges. Besides the indictment of NYRA, the U.S. Attorney's office in Brooklyn also unsealed indictments against two former directors of the parimutuel department as well as four former tellers on conspiracy and tax fraud charges.
Trainer Frank Monteleone said that Ladies Din, a venerable 8-year-old gelding, is on edge to defend honors in the $350,000-added Shoemaker Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) on the Hollywood Park turf Monday.
New York is poised to give a greater share of video lottery terminal revenue to racetracks and at the same time add more to education, New York Racing Association chairman Barry Schwartz said April 18.
The lure of the racetrack, and what can be done to make it a more attractive entertainment option, was part of the focus during the National Thoroughbred Racing Association's annual meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- The Week in Photos for 7/28/2015
- Steps Toward Integrity
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline
- Curalina Gets CCA Oaks After 'Chatterbox' DQ
- Track Defends Trainer Suspended for Positive
- Wild Dude Stuns Masochistic in Bing Crosby