L.R. "Bob" French Jr., Thoroughbred owner and independent oil and gas operator and rancher, died on the night of Aug. 2. He was 86.
Dr. William Lockridge, a veterinarian who served in key management positions at some of Central Kentucky's leading Thoroughbred farms, died June 8. He was 81.
Terlingua, who made a name for herself as one of the fastest fillies of her generation and as the dam of leading sire Storm Cat, was euthanized April 29 because of complications from the infirmities of old age at the Young family's Overbrook Farm near Lexington.
HRTV's "Inside Information" with Tyler Baze and Terlingua, dam of Storm Cat.
"This is a major, major loss to racing," trainer D. Wayne Lukas said upon learning of the death of W. T. Young, his longtime friend and business associate.
Most Popular Stories
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Oaklawn Posts Double-Digit Handle Gains
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer