L.R. "Bob" French Jr., Thoroughbred owner and independent oil and gas operator and rancher, died on the night of Aug. 2. He was 86.
Dr. William Lockridge, a veterinarian who served in key management positions at some of Central Kentucky's leading Thoroughbred farms, died June 8. He was 81.
Terlingua, who made a name for herself as one of the fastest fillies of her generation and as the dam of leading sire Storm Cat, was euthanized April 29 because of complications from the infirmities of old age at the Young family's Overbrook Farm near Lexington.
HRTV's "Inside Information" with Tyler Baze and Terlingua, dam of Storm Cat.
- By Ray Paulick
"This is a major, major loss to racing," trainer D. Wayne Lukas said upon learning of the death of W. T. Young, his longtime friend and business associate.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan