Respected horseman Marvin Little Jr. passed away July 4 after a long battle with cancer. Born July 13, 1937, he died just shy of his 80th birthday.
While the young and beautiful have generated most of the financial fireworks at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale so far, the third session turned out to be the time for an older horse to sparkle.
The Keeneland September yearling sale will test the strength of the Thoroughbred marketplace's recovery with both quantity and quality during its 10-session run that begins Sept. 10 in Lexington.
Well-known trainer Dale Romans has expanded his involvement in the horse business to include selling.
Most Popular Stories
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase