Team Block's Fort Prado grabbed all the headlines at this year's Prairie State Festival when the 6-year-old gelding became the first horse to be a four-time Festival winner by capturing the $84,150 Black Tie Affair Handicap for the third straight year.
Hawthorne's leading jockey Chris Emigh entered Saturday's Phil Georgeff Festival of Racing named to ride the morning-line favorite in all six stakes events, with Christine Janks slated to saddle four of them. Emigh didn't disappoint, capturing three stakes races, two for Janks, moving within one victory of 2,500 for his career.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- Kentucky Derby News Update: April 27, 2015
- Itsaknockout Promotes Upcoming Boxing Match
- Changes Eyed for KY Breeders' Incentive Fund
- Houghton, Radosevich Win Mahoning Titles
- Case Against Pena Results in Three-Year Ban
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- NY Approves Rule on Decoupled Entries