Team Block's Fort Prado grabbed all the headlines at this year's Prairie State Festival when the 6-year-old gelding became the first horse to be a four-time Festival winner by capturing the $84,150 Black Tie Affair Handicap for the third straight year.
Hawthorne's leading jockey Chris Emigh entered Saturday's Phil Georgeff Festival of Racing named to ride the morning-line favorite in all six stakes events, with Christine Janks slated to saddle four of them. Emigh didn't disappoint, capturing three stakes races, two for Janks, moving within one victory of 2,500 for his career.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic Winner Concern Dies at 25
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Unlocking Winners: Dubai and the Derby Preps
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York
- Commissioner Eyes Easier Skip Away Prize
- MA House Passes Suffolk Simulcast Extension
- RMTC Board Announces Cobalt Threshold
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup