Team Block's Fort Prado grabbed all the headlines at this year's Prairie State Festival when the 6-year-old gelding became the first horse to be a four-time Festival winner by capturing the $84,150 Black Tie Affair Handicap for the third straight year.
Hawthorne's leading jockey Chris Emigh entered Saturday's Phil Georgeff Festival of Racing named to ride the morning-line favorite in all six stakes events, with Christine Janks slated to saddle four of them. Emigh didn't disappoint, capturing three stakes races, two for Janks, moving within one victory of 2,500 for his career.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Top Caribbean Race to be Held at Gulfstream
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Tuttipaesi Chases Graded Repeat
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- NM Will Suspend Horses Who Fail Drug Tests