Team Block's Fort Prado grabbed all the headlines at this year's Prairie State Festival when the 6-year-old gelding became the first horse to be a four-time Festival winner by capturing the $84,150 Black Tie Affair Handicap for the third straight year.
Hawthorne's leading jockey Chris Emigh entered Saturday's Phil Georgeff Festival of Racing named to ride the morning-line favorite in all six stakes events, with Christine Janks slated to saddle four of them. Emigh didn't disappoint, capturing three stakes races, two for Janks, moving within one victory of 2,500 for his career.
Most Popular Stories
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014