Team Block's Fort Prado grabbed all the headlines at this year's Prairie State Festival when the 6-year-old gelding became the first horse to be a four-time Festival winner by capturing the $84,150 Black Tie Affair Handicap for the third straight year.
Hawthorne's leading jockey Chris Emigh entered Saturday's Phil Georgeff Festival of Racing named to ride the morning-line favorite in all six stakes events, with Christine Janks slated to saddle four of them. Emigh didn't disappoint, capturing three stakes races, two for Janks, moving within one victory of 2,500 for his career.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Lexie Lou Headlines Victoriana Stakes
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- What's Going On Here: Sporting Gestures
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt