Ten Broeck Farm's grade I winner Sunset Glow will return to Del Mar July 16, but will try the seaside turf course for the first time in the $200,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT).
Ten Broeck Farm's Moment Is Right showed her standout introduction was no fluke in the $250,000 Astoria Stakes June 4 at Belmont Park, where she handled a challenge from fellow debut winner Decked Out to win by 1 1/2 lengths.
Odds-on favorite Sunset Glow bulled her way between horses at the top of the stretch to get the lead and repelled the determined rally of Her Emmynency to capture the $300,000 Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) Aug. 30.
Following up on a runner-up effort at Royal Ascot in June, well-traveled Sunset Glow dominated the field in the $200,000 Sorrento Stakes (gr. II) at Del Mar Aug. 6, leading all the way for a 3 1/4-length victory.
Trainer Wesley Ward sent out four Royal Ascot hopefuls, all 2-year-olds, for four-furlong drills the morning of May 26 at Arlington International Racecourse.
For the second straight year, A. U. Miner earned an automatic berth in the Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) at Churchill Downs by winning the Greenwood Cup Stakes July 16 at Parx Racing.
Don Benge's A. U. Miner, a 14-1 longshot, charged down the center of the racetrack and got up by a neck over favored Alcomo to win the $250,000 Greenwood Cup at Philadelphia Park Casino & Racetrack July 17.
Chestnut colt, foaled Feb. 25, 2000
Storm Cat -- Beware of the Cat, Caveat
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park