While the young and beautiful have generated most of the financial fireworks at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale so far, the third session turned out to be the time for an older horse to sparkle.
Tell It, a winning stakes-placed daughter of Storm Cat, brought the highest price thus far during the third session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale when she fetched $540,000 from Blandford Bloodstock.
Dream Nettie, making his stakes debut for trainer Jerry Hollendorfer, scored a 9-1 upset in winning the $100,000 La Puente Stakes on the Santa Anita turf April 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm