Tell a Great Story will be scratched from the $600,000 Alabama Stakes (gr. I) after breaking out in hives the morning of Aug. 16 at Saratoga Race Course, according to Tom Mullikin, Sagamore Racing's general manager.
With most of the big-name 3-year-old fillies on the sidelines or headed elsewhere, King of Prussia Stable's Princess of Sylmar will face only five foes in the $600,000 Alabama Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 17 at Saratoga Race Course.
Tim Ritchey and Beverly Frazier's Dancing Afleet upset the $300,000 Delaware Oaks (gr. II) at Delaware Park on July 13, winning her third straight race while getting her first graded stakes victory at odds of 9-1.
Tell a Great Story could move from stakes winner to graded victress with a win in the $300,000 Delaware Oaks (gr. II) at Delaware Park. But Ile St. Molly is one of eight who stand in her way.
The July 13 grade II stakes worth $300,000 will feature a rematch between Tell a Great Story and Ile St. Molly as a field of nine 3-year-old fillies line up in the 1 1/16-mile contest at Delaware Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded