Tell a Great Story will be scratched from the $600,000 Alabama Stakes (gr. I) after breaking out in hives the morning of Aug. 16 at Saratoga Race Course, according to Tom Mullikin, Sagamore Racing's general manager.
With most of the big-name 3-year-old fillies on the sidelines or headed elsewhere, King of Prussia Stable's Princess of Sylmar will face only five foes in the $600,000 Alabama Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 17 at Saratoga Race Course.
Tim Ritchey and Beverly Frazier's Dancing Afleet upset the $300,000 Delaware Oaks (gr. II) at Delaware Park on July 13, winning her third straight race while getting her first graded stakes victory at odds of 9-1.
Tell a Great Story could move from stakes winner to graded victress with a win in the $300,000 Delaware Oaks (gr. II) at Delaware Park. But Ile St. Molly is one of eight who stand in her way.
The July 13 grade II stakes worth $300,000 will feature a rematch between Tell a Great Story and Ile St. Molly as a field of nine 3-year-old fillies line up in the 1 1/16-mile contest at Delaware Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint