Tell a Great Story will be scratched from the $600,000 Alabama Stakes (gr. I) after breaking out in hives the morning of Aug. 16 at Saratoga Race Course, according to Tom Mullikin, Sagamore Racing's general manager.
With most of the big-name 3-year-old fillies on the sidelines or headed elsewhere, King of Prussia Stable's Princess of Sylmar will face only five foes in the $600,000 Alabama Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 17 at Saratoga Race Course.
Tim Ritchey and Beverly Frazier's Dancing Afleet upset the $300,000 Delaware Oaks (gr. II) at Delaware Park on July 13, winning her third straight race while getting her first graded stakes victory at odds of 9-1.
Tell a Great Story could move from stakes winner to graded victress with a win in the $300,000 Delaware Oaks (gr. II) at Delaware Park. But Ile St. Molly is one of eight who stand in her way.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence