Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) winner Shotgun Kowboy looks to add another stakes score to his resume Oct. 17, when he heads a field of six for the $175,000 Oklahoma Classics Cup at Remington Park.
Four of the top five finishers from the 2013 Oklahoma Classics Cup Stakes, led by winner Imahit, will return Oct. 17 for another run at the $175,000 purse on a 10-race program of stakes races for Oklahoma-breds at Remington.
Recent grade I winner Willy Beamin is part of a 10-horse field that includes fellow shippers Prospective and and Daddy Nose Best on the biggest day of the season at Remington Park Sept. 30.
The $175,000 Lecomte Stakes (gr. III), Fair Grounds' first graded 3-year-old race leading up to the Louisiana Derby (gr. II), drew a field of 13, a handful of them thought to be early Triple Crown prospects.
Ted's Folly, the only Oklahoma-bred in the field of 2-year-olds for the $315,000 Remington Springboard Mile, finished with a rush to post his sixth consecutive victory on closing night at Remington Park Dec. 10.
The 2011 Remington Park Thoroughbred meet wraps up Dec. 10 with a nine-race program headlined by the $300,000 Springboard Mile Stakes for 2-year-olds.
Wild Tale was represented by his first winner as a stallion when his 2-year-old son, Ted's Folly, cruised by 4 lengths in a five-furlong maiden-special-weight race at Remington Park Aug. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again