Flipcup wore down pacesetter Academic with a sustained outside rally and won the $150,000 Maple Leaf (Can-III) for fillies and mares Oct. 31 at Woodbine.
West Point Thoroughbreds' Empire Dreams benefited from an outside post and clear trip July 12 to take the $161,000 New York Derby at Finger Lakes, while an incident at the start impacted more than half the field.
Just as she did in her previous start, Sweet Vendetta took advantage of the off-track conditions, roaring through the muddy stretch at Pimlico Race Course to record a 1 1/2-length victory in the $200,000 Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) May 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale