New security measures will be employed for horses participating in the $1 million Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I), Keeneland announced March 25.
All samples collected from horses that ran in the Breeders' Cup World Championships at Santa Anita Park Nov. 2-3 have been cleared by the Kenneth L. Maddy Equine Analytical Chemistry Laboratory at UC Davis.
Lack of funding for the regulatory functions of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission was the focal point at a Sept. 30 meeting of the state's Task Force on the Future of Horse Racing.
All horses trained by Mike Mitchell will undergo 24 hour surveillance before racing after one of his horses tested positive for an excessive amount of TC02, which is the total carbon dioxide in plasma from a blood sample obtained pre-race.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Record Average at MM Weanling Sale
- Gulfstream Starter Bonus Tied to Field Size
- American Pharoah at Churchill Downs May 25
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Sheikh Hamdan: U.S. TC Too Much Pressure
- Ward Fillies Work at Arlington for Royal Meet
- Mubtaahij Breezes Easy at Belmont Park
- Stewart Pleased with Tale of Verve at Belmont
- Ol' Fashion Gal Fends Off Late Run in Selene