New security measures will be employed for horses participating in the $1 million Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I), Keeneland announced March 25.
All samples collected from horses that ran in the Breeders' Cup World Championships at Santa Anita Park Nov. 2-3 have been cleared by the Kenneth L. Maddy Equine Analytical Chemistry Laboratory at UC Davis.
Lack of funding for the regulatory functions of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission was the focal point at a Sept. 30 meeting of the state's Task Force on the Future of Horse Racing.
- By Ron Mitchell
All horses trained by Mike Mitchell will undergo 24 hour surveillance before racing after one of his horses tested positive for an excessive amount of TC02, which is the total carbon dioxide in plasma from a blood sample obtained pre-race.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes