English shipper Debussy, sent off at 11-1 in his United States debut, made a dynamic late burst along the inside to upset champion Gio Ponti in the Arlington Million (gr. IT) Aug. 21.
Breeders' Cup chat looks at dirt at Santa Anita, Jerry Hollendorfer and Blind Luck, and weekend racing. Read Blog
Gio Ponti, who captured last summer's Arlington Million (gr. IT) as the favorite, looms as an even stronger 7-5 choice on the morning line when facing nine rivals in the 28th running of the Aug. 21 race.
Pre-entries for the Arlington Million (gr. IT) closed Aug. 13 with 10 older horses named to prestigious turf race.
French raider Byword led a Khalid Abdullah one-two by holding off a charging Twice Over to take the Prince of Wales's Stakes (Eng-I) by a half-length at Royal Ascot June 16.
Einstein and Gio Ponti are just two of several talented turf horses considering the Aug. 8 race.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- After the Eclipse: Songbird at WinStar Part 2
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Gulfstream Park Receives Safety Reaccreditation
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome