English shipper Debussy, sent off at 11-1 in his United States debut, made a dynamic late burst along the inside to upset champion Gio Ponti in the Arlington Million (gr. IT) Aug. 21.
Breeders' Cup chat looks at dirt at Santa Anita, Jerry Hollendorfer and Blind Luck, and weekend racing. Read Blog
Gio Ponti, who captured last summer's Arlington Million (gr. IT) as the favorite, looms as an even stronger 7-5 choice on the morning line when facing nine rivals in the 28th running of the Aug. 21 race.
Pre-entries for the Arlington Million (gr. IT) closed Aug. 13 with 10 older horses named to prestigious turf race.
French raider Byword led a Khalid Abdullah one-two by holding off a charging Twice Over to take the Prince of Wales's Stakes (Eng-I) by a half-length at Royal Ascot June 16.
Einstein and Gio Ponti are just two of several talented turf horses considering the Aug. 8 race.
Most Popular Stories
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- What's Going On Here: Internal Forces
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- Rood & Riddle to Sponsor Breeders' Cup Draw
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism