Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear March 17 signed into law a bill that will erase the state tax for on-track pari-mutuel handle on live races at Keeneland during the two days of the Breeders' Cup Oct.30-31.
Legislation offering a financial incentive to Breeders' Cup if it commits to holding the World Championships in Kentucky in 2011, 2012, or both years, was signed into law by Gov. Steve Beshear April 6.
Kentucky legislation authorizing a pari-mutuel tax exemption for the Breeders' Cup World Championships was modified to allow for one-day or two-day events and sets a lower purse minimum to qualify for the exemption.
It appears that Irish stallion owners can again breathe easily--for the next 18 months, at least.
Ireland's thriving bloodstock industry would be dealt a huge blow if attempts to remove the tax-free status of fees earned by stallions standing in the country were successful.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence