Werther accelerated clear of front-runner and favorite Lovely Day in the stretch and won the HK$20 million Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) by 4 1/2 lengths April 24 at Sha Tin.
The New Zealand Bloodstock National weanling sale continued May 12, before wrapping up a solid two days of trade at Karaka.
New Zealand-based Volkstok'n'barrell swooped down the outside nearing the finish in the Rosehill Guineas (Aus-I) and nailed victory by the slimmest margin from Preferment March 21 at Rosehill Gardens.
The highly anticipated sale of a half brother to 2012 Sportingbet W. S. Cox Plate (Aus-I) winner Ocean Park highlighted the second and final session of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale Jan. 29 at Karaka.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx