Werther accelerated clear of front-runner and favorite Lovely Day in the stretch and won the HK$20 million Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) by 4 1/2 lengths April 24 at Sha Tin.
The New Zealand Bloodstock National weanling sale continued May 12, before wrapping up a solid two days of trade at Karaka.
New Zealand-based Volkstok'n'barrell swooped down the outside nearing the finish in the Rosehill Guineas (Aus-I) and nailed victory by the slimmest margin from Preferment March 21 at Rosehill Gardens.
The highly anticipated sale of a half brother to 2012 Sportingbet W. S. Cox Plate (Aus-I) winner Ocean Park highlighted the second and final session of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale Jan. 29 at Karaka.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires