Strong demand was a consistent theme throughout Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale, which closed Oct. 17 in Newmarket with record total revenue for the third consecutive year.
A Motivator filly sold for 320,000 guineas ($537,465 in United States funds) Oct. 16, the highest price thus far out of Book 2 at the Tattersalls October yearling sale in Newmarket.
A colt from the first crop of multiple group I winner Rip Van Winkle sold for the highest price of 230,000 guineas ($386,356 in United States funds) on the second day of Book 2 at the Tattersalls October yearling sale Oct 15.
Following a record-smashing beginning to its October yearling sale last week in Newmarket, Tattersalls enjoyed strong trade on the Oct. 14 first day of its Book 2 catalog to jump start week two.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Dr. Zic Among 36 Added to Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control