Strong demand was a consistent theme throughout Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale, which closed Oct. 17 in Newmarket with record total revenue for the third consecutive year.
A Motivator filly sold for 320,000 guineas ($537,465 in United States funds) Oct. 16, the highest price thus far out of Book 2 at the Tattersalls October yearling sale in Newmarket.
A colt from the first crop of multiple group I winner Rip Van Winkle sold for the highest price of 230,000 guineas ($386,356 in United States funds) on the second day of Book 2 at the Tattersalls October yearling sale Oct 15.
Following a record-smashing beginning to its October yearling sale last week in Newmarket, Tattersalls enjoyed strong trade on the Oct. 14 first day of its Book 2 catalog to jump start week two.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Tepin Fires Bullet on Oklahoma Training Track
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Too Much Bling Yearlings Top Texas Sale
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Drefong's Win a Boost for Machmer Hall
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Monmouth Gets Donation, Alters Shipper Policy