Strong demand was a consistent theme throughout Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale, which closed Oct. 17 in Newmarket with record total revenue for the third consecutive year.
A Motivator filly sold for 320,000 guineas ($537,465 in United States funds) Oct. 16, the highest price thus far out of Book 2 at the Tattersalls October yearling sale in Newmarket.
A colt from the first crop of multiple group I winner Rip Van Winkle sold for the highest price of 230,000 guineas ($386,356 in United States funds) on the second day of Book 2 at the Tattersalls October yearling sale Oct 15.
Following a record-smashing beginning to its October yearling sale last week in Newmarket, Tattersalls enjoyed strong trade on the Oct. 14 first day of its Book 2 catalog to jump start week two.
Most Popular Stories
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby