Galileo Gold couldn’t complete a Guineas double at The Curragh May 21, which produced a triumph for the recently pensioned sire Cape Cross and a popular local trainer.
Pocketed on the rail with a quarter mile to run, Gleneagles gamely charged through a gap in the final sixteenth at the Curragh to capture the Tattersalls Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) May 23.
Juddmonte Farms' homebred Kingman look every bit the classic racehorse May 24 when capturing the Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) by a commanding five lengths at the Curragh.
Kingman will get a chance to make amends for his close runner-up finish in the QIPCO Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) earlier this month at Newmarket when he meets 13 opponents in the Tattersalls Irish Two Thousand Guineas.
Trainer Aidan O'Brien will send out four of the 10 runners in the Tattersalls Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) May 25 as he bids for a ninth win in the classic at the Curragh, including early favorite Magician.
Most Popular Stories
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage