Galileo Gold couldn’t complete a Guineas double at The Curragh May 21, which produced a triumph for the recently pensioned sire Cape Cross and a popular local trainer.
Pocketed on the rail with a quarter mile to run, Gleneagles gamely charged through a gap in the final sixteenth at the Curragh to capture the Tattersalls Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) May 23.
Juddmonte Farms' homebred Kingman look every bit the classic racehorse May 24 when capturing the Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) by a commanding five lengths at the Curragh.
Kingman will get a chance to make amends for his close runner-up finish in the QIPCO Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) earlier this month at Newmarket when he meets 13 opponents in the Tattersalls Irish Two Thousand Guineas.
Trainer Aidan O'Brien will send out four of the 10 runners in the Tattersalls Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) May 25 as he bids for a ninth win in the classic at the Curragh, including early favorite Magician.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill