Although operating at a lower division than earlier in the week, demand on the first day of the Part II Tattersalls Ireland September Yearling Sale was strong for the better lots.
A Kodiac colt will head into training with Hugo Palmer following his purchase for 130,000 euros ($144,723), the highest price on opening day of Part I of the Tattersalls Ireland September sale Sept. 22 at Fairyhouse.
The top-selling horse the first day of the Tattersalls Ireland September yearling sale was a colt from the first crop of Central Kentucky stallion Twirling Candy.
The Castlebridge Consignment offered the top-priced horses on both days of a dynamic Tattersalls Ireland September yearling sale, with their Yeats colt bringing the sale's overall highest price on closing day Sept. 25.
Following discussions between the two Europea auction companies, Goffs and Tattersalls (Ireland) have agreed to swap the sales dates for the 2003 Goffs Orby and Challenge sale and the Tattersalls (Ireland) September yearling sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby