Tattersalls kicked off its first round of late-season sales Nov. 23 with a one-day yearling auction that saw median rise by a double-digit percentage and Shadwell Estates securing the topped priced colt and filly.
Tattersalls has cataloged 222 horses for its December yearling sale, the final yearling sale of the European sales calendar, set for Nov. 23 in Newmarket.
A Lope de Vega colt from the family of English and Irish group I winner Rizeena topped the Tattersalls December yearling sale Nov. 24, bringing 325,000 guineas ($535,921 in United States funds).
A colt from first crop of Rip Van Winkle led trading Nov. 25 at the single-session Tattersalls December yearling sale, which saw a marginal decline in total sales, compared with 2012, but increases in average and median.
The sale saw 167 horses sell for 3,595,300 guineas ($6,049,452), at an average of 21,529 guineas ($36,224), and a median of 13,000 guineas ($21,874).
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Churchill Considers Historic Gaming Machines
- Unbridled Unleashed
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby