Tattersalls kicked off its first round of late-season sales Nov. 23 with a one-day yearling auction that saw median rise by a double-digit percentage and Shadwell Estates securing the topped priced colt and filly.
Tattersalls has cataloged 222 horses for its December yearling sale, the final yearling sale of the European sales calendar, set for Nov. 23 in Newmarket.
A Lope de Vega colt from the family of English and Irish group I winner Rizeena topped the Tattersalls December yearling sale Nov. 24, bringing 325,000 guineas ($535,921 in United States funds).
A colt from first crop of Rip Van Winkle led trading Nov. 25 at the single-session Tattersalls December yearling sale, which saw a marginal decline in total sales, compared with 2012, but increases in average and median.
The sale saw 167 horses sell for 3,595,300 guineas ($6,049,452), at an average of 21,529 guineas ($36,224), and a median of 13,000 guineas ($21,874).
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen