Tattersalls kicked off its first round of late-season sales Nov. 23 with a one-day yearling auction that saw median rise by a double-digit percentage and Shadwell Estates securing the topped priced colt and filly.
Tattersalls has cataloged 222 horses for its December yearling sale, the final yearling sale of the European sales calendar, set for Nov. 23 in Newmarket.
A Lope de Vega colt from the family of English and Irish group I winner Rizeena topped the Tattersalls December yearling sale Nov. 24, bringing 325,000 guineas ($535,921 in United States funds).
A colt from first crop of Rip Van Winkle led trading Nov. 25 at the single-session Tattersalls December yearling sale, which saw a marginal decline in total sales, compared with 2012, but increases in average and median.
The sale saw 167 horses sell for 3,595,300 guineas ($6,049,452), at an average of 21,529 guineas ($36,224), and a median of 13,000 guineas ($21,874).
Most Popular Stories
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage