A Lope de Vega colt from the family of English and Irish group I winner Rizeena topped the Tattersalls December yearling sale Nov. 24, bringing 325,000 guineas ($535,921 in United States funds).
A colt from first crop of Rip Van Winkle led trading Nov. 25 at the single-session Tattersalls December yearling sale, which saw a marginal decline in total sales, compared with 2012, but increases in average and median.
The sale saw 167 horses sell for 3,595,300 guineas ($6,049,452), at an average of 21,529 guineas ($36,224), and a median of 13,000 guineas ($21,874).
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Champ Calgary Cat Up Late in Jacques Cartier
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Blingismything Rallies to Capture Wilshire
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- Jacobson, Cruz Take Aqueduct Spring Titles
- The Pharoah Show Gets Rave Reviews
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- Possessed, Take Issue Win NY Stallion Stakes