Multiple grade I winner and sire Ogygian, the oldest resident at Old Friends retirement farm near Georgetown, Ky., died March 14 because of complications from colic. The son of Damascus was 32.
- By Steve Haskin
A set of yearlings strutting across a grassy field in pairs, as dripping strands of Spanish moss hang over their heads. read blog
John Nerud managed at least part of the racing or breeding careers of several important sires, as well as breeding and racing two more in his own right.
Golden Eagle Farm announced Jan. 7 that multiple graded stakes winner Heart of Joy was recently euthanized due to old age.
Overbrook's dispersal is the second-largest in Keeneland history.
Hall of Fame trainer John Nerud has bequeathed his collection of trophies, awards, and works of art to the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame.
Acaroid, a grass star in the early 1980s for James and Virginia Binger's Tartan Farms, died April 12 of an apparent heart attack in his paddock at Gilda Clark's Timber Creek Farms near Mitchellville, Iowa.
Gana Facil, dam of 1990 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Unbridled, and Fair to All, dam of grade I winner Honour and Glory, have died.
Fresh on the heels of welcoming pensioned stallion Taylor's Special to its retirement center, Old Friends has purchased Japanese stallion Ogygian.
Virginia McKnight Binger, who bred Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Unbridled and whose father, William L. McKnight, founded Tartan Farms in Florida , died Dec. 22
The chestnut son of Dr. Fager was the last horse on the Tartan Farms property in Ocala, Fla.
The Heath Brook Project in central Florida moved closer to a possible ground breaking date after the developer completed the purchase of 70 acres of Dudley Farm on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Noble Bird May Start in Pegasus
- New York trainer/breeder DiSanto Dies at 62
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Lockdown Cruises in Busanda Win
- High Profile Fillies in Fair Grounds Stakes
- Pletcher Contenders Breeze for Pegasus
- First Foal for Silver Max a Filly