A Galileo full sister to 2012 Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) winner Was sold for 5 million guineas ($8,443,575 in United States funds) Oct. 9 at Tattersalls, smashing the world record price for a yearling filly at auction.
Alpine Rose withstood the late challenge of Lady Marian to notch her first group I victory, taking the Darley Prix Jean Romanet (Fr-I) by a short head at Deauville Aug. 23. Earlier in the day, Arcano set a course record in winning the Darley Prix Morny (Fr-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Horseplayers Support USADA Oversight
- Royal Posse Aces Evan Shipman Stakes Debut
- NYTHA Executive Director Gallagher Retires
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- Handle Flat, Race Days Down in August
- Ironicus Has New Challenge in Bernard Baruch
- Fasig-Tipton to Sponsor Two KY Downs Stakes
- Renamed First Winner for Everyday Heroes
- Five Sires Have Two Challenge Race Winners