Camelot kept his perfect record intact with a superb five-length victory in the $2,054,000 Investec Derby (Eng-I) at Epsom June 2.
The Two Thousand Guineas winner is now the favorite for the Epsom Derby, a race more likely to be in line with his true aptitude.
Aidan O'Brien-trained Camelot took the lead in the final furlong and then held off the late challenge of French Fifteen to win the QIPCO Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) by a neck at Newmarket May 5.
Aidan O'Brien's Camelot lived up to all his pre-race hype with an easy 2 1/4 length victory in the $312,000 Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I) at Doncaster Oct. 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus