Aron Wellman of Eclipse Thoroughbred Partners, which co-campaigns Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) hopeful Silsita, is happy with the longshot status of his filly who is listed at 20-1 on the morning line.
Eclipse Thoroughbred Partners and Tanourin Stable's Silsita upset heavily favored Pure Fun and survived a stretch duel with 31-1 shot Marathon Lady to take the $100,000 Fathead Bourbonette Oaks at Turfway Park March 23.
Scapade gave jockey Julio Garcia his second consecutive stakes victory on the Florida Million program by winning the $200,000 Elmer Heubeck Distaff at Calder Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt