John Bowers Jr.'s New Jersey homebred Smart N Classy, winless in five starts this season for trainer John Tammaro III, seeks a repeat of her victory last year in the $150,000 Eatontown Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park Saturday.
Roseland Farm Stable's New Jersey-bred Smart N Classy rallied on the outside to get up in the final stride for a nose victory over Lentil in the $150,000 Eatontown Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park on Sunday.
George Steinbrenner's Pure Precision beat favored Truman's Raider by 1 1/4 lengths in the $150,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park on Saturday.
A final autopsy report issued by the Broward County, Fla., Medical Examiner's office lists the cause of death of John Tammaro Jr.to be an accidental drowning.
Horse trainer John Tammaro's death was an accident, officials said Thursday. Tammaro had been missing since late February, and his body was found in his car at the bottom of a roadside canal drowned.
The Broward County, Fla., Medical Examiners Office has positively identified the body found at the bottom of a South Florida canal Monday as trainer John Tammaro Jr., who had been missing since Feb. 25. There were no signs of trauma or foul play,though routine drug and alcohol tests were performed, and the results are pending.
Police in South Florida are investigating the disappearance of well-known trainer John Tammaro Jr., who was reported missing by his daughter on Sunday, Feb. 25. Tammaro was last seen leaving Gulfstream Park about 10 a.m. that day by track security officers who later told police detectives Tammaro "didn't look well."
Most Popular Stories
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Brown Sends Two West For American Oaks
- Ben's Cat Seeks Governor's Cup
- Night Prowler Well-Spotted in Rich Penn Mile
- Keen Ice Breezes Nicely; 'Pharoah' Walks
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- 2-Year-Olds Prep for Barretts Del Mar Sale
- WGOH: Restoring, Not Expanding
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- Untapable Works Toward Ogden Phipps Stakes