John Bowers Jr.'s New Jersey homebred Smart N Classy, winless in five starts this season for trainer John Tammaro III, seeks a repeat of her victory last year in the $150,000 Eatontown Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park Saturday.
Roseland Farm Stable's New Jersey-bred Smart N Classy rallied on the outside to get up in the final stride for a nose victory over Lentil in the $150,000 Eatontown Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park on Sunday.
George Steinbrenner's Pure Precision beat favored Truman's Raider by 1 1/4 lengths in the $150,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park on Saturday.
A final autopsy report issued by the Broward County, Fla., Medical Examiner's office lists the cause of death of John Tammaro Jr.to be an accidental drowning.
Horse trainer John Tammaro's death was an accident, officials said Thursday. Tammaro had been missing since late February, and his body was found in his car at the bottom of a roadside canal drowned.
The Broward County, Fla., Medical Examiners Office has positively identified the body found at the bottom of a South Florida canal Monday as trainer John Tammaro Jr., who had been missing since Feb. 25. There were no signs of trauma or foul play,though routine drug and alcohol tests were performed, and the results are pending.
Police in South Florida are investigating the disappearance of well-known trainer John Tammaro Jr., who was reported missing by his daughter on Sunday, Feb. 25. Tammaro was last seen leaving Gulfstream Park about 10 a.m. that day by track security officers who later told police detectives Tammaro "didn't look well."
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- New Whip Rule's First Day No Problem in SoCal
- Los Alamitos Enjoys Opening-Day Handle Spike
- Barbados Returns in Carry Back
- Java's War Seeks Elusive Win in Singspiel
- Fox Sports 1 to Broadcast United Nations S.
- Race Day Heads Loaded Salvator Mile
- Shaman Ghost Looks for Queen's Plate Magic