Days after the defection of Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Val Royal from the Hong Kong Mile (HK-I), the race at Sha Tin Racecourse lost another prospective entrant Friday when it was announced that Sagitta Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) runner-up Tamburlaine will also miss the Dec.16 race.
Led by 20-1 longshot Black Minnaloushe, a trio of Aidan O'Brien trainees filled the top three finishing positions in the Entenmann's Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) on Saturday at the Curragh. Mozart finished second, with 2-1 favorite Minardi third. Tamburlaine, second to Golan in the English equivalent, finished fifth in the 12-horse field.
Saeed Suhail's Dilshaan rallied from the back of the 10-horse field to earn his first career victory in the Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I), winning by 2 1/2 lengths Saturday at Doncaster, England. Under jockey Johnny Murtagh, Dilshaan completed the mile in 1:45.87 over soft turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Industry Asks for H-2B Visa Program Support
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- BH 100: Commemorates
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Laurel Announces Winter Stakes Schedule
- ADW Company AmWest Joins NTRA