Days after the defection of Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Val Royal from the Hong Kong Mile (HK-I), the race at Sha Tin Racecourse lost another prospective entrant Friday when it was announced that Sagitta Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) runner-up Tamburlaine will also miss the Dec.16 race.
Led by 20-1 longshot Black Minnaloushe, a trio of Aidan O'Brien trainees filled the top three finishing positions in the Entenmann's Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) on Saturday at the Curragh. Mozart finished second, with 2-1 favorite Minardi third. Tamburlaine, second to Golan in the English equivalent, finished fifth in the 12-horse field.
Saeed Suhail's Dilshaan rallied from the back of the 10-horse field to earn his first career victory in the Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I), winning by 2 1/2 lengths Saturday at Doncaster, England. Under jockey Johnny Murtagh, Dilshaan completed the mile in 1:45.87 over soft turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky