G Force rallied powerfully between rivals and collared last year's winner Gordon Lord Byron in the closing stages to capture the Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) Sept. 6 at Haydock.
The Castlebridge Consignment offered the top-priced horses on both days of a dynamic Tattersalls Ireland September yearling sale, with their Yeats colt bringing the sale's overall highest price on closing day Sept. 25.
Irish sales company Goffs concluded at successful week of auctions on Nov. 24 in County Kildare, Ireland, with its two-day breeding stock sale posting considerable gains in key economic indicators.
The Tattersalls December Foal Sale concluded its four-day run with 560 lots selling for an average of 31,235 guineas.
A slight change in tactics made the difference as Raven's Pass turned the tables on longtime rival Henrythenavigator to earn his first group I victory in the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (sponsored by Sony) (Eng-I) at Ascot Sept. 27.
Tamayuz continued trainer Freddie Head's golden run when rolling to a comfortable 2 1/2-length victory over Natagora in the Prix du Haras de Fresnay-le-Buffard Jacques le Marois (Fr-I) at Deauville Aug. 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Orb Colt Lives Up to Buzz Selling For $710,000
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont