Returned to his favorite distance, Ami's Flatter registered a clear victory in the $250,000 Commonwealth Stakes (gr. III) April 9 at Keeneland to secure the first graded stakes of his career.
Ivan Dalos' homebred Amis Gizmo is unbeaten in four career starts, all of them stakes, after taking the $125,000 Kingarvie Stakes for Ontario-sired 2-year-olds Nov. 28 at Woodbine.
Jockey Patrick Husbands moved Conquest Stables' Conquest Enforcer off the rail and through a hole in the closely-bunched field, kicking clear for a 6 3/4-length victory in the $250,000 Cup and Saucer Saucer Stakes.
Ami's Holiday's class showed through as he rallied from between rivals in deep stretch to capture the $460,220 Breeders' Stakes, the final jewel of the Canadian Triple Crown, in his turf debut Aug. 17 at Woodbine.
Ami's Holiday came from off the pace, unleashing a powerful surge in deep stretch in the 1 1/16-mile Grey Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine Oct. 6 over Big Bazinga.
Favored Avie's Quality stalked and pounced in the $151,661 Display Stakes at Woodbine Dec. 1, launching an impressive move to earn his first stakes score for trainer Josie Carroll and owner Ivan Dalos.
Ivan Dalos' Victorious Lil, dam of Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner and successful young sire Victory Gallop, died at age 15 after running into another broodmare at Briarbrooke Farm near Paris, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Page McKenney Does it Again at Laurel Park
- First Foal Arrives for Gainesway's Karakontie
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner