Kaigun, one of the most honest and classy grass horses in training last year, makes his first start since November when he takes on eight opponents in the $200,000 Arcadia Stakes (gr. IIT) Jan. 31 at Santa Anita.
After a rare loss last time out, California-bred Red Outlaw will try to get back to his winning ways in the $200,000 Mathis Brothers Mile (gr. IIT) Dec. 26, opening day at Santa Anita Park.
Dual classic winner California Chrome successfully debuted over turf in the $300,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) Nov. 29 at Del Mar when he defeated Queen's Plate winner Lexie Lou by two lengths in a sterling performance.
All eyes will be on California Chrome as the popular dual classic winner makes his initial start on grass Nov. 29 at Del Mar in the $300,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. I).
St. Elias Stable and West Point Thoroughbreds' Ring Weekend, who has developed nicely into a solid turf runner, is the morning-line favorite for the $200,000 Twilight Derby (gr. IIT) Oct. 31 at Santa Anita Park.
Midnight Storm was able to parcel his speed effectively while on an easy lead in the $300,000 Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) and glided through the stretch in command to post a 17-1 surprise Aug. 31 over the turf.
Enterprising will attempt to become the fourth horse in Del Mar history to sweep the 3-year-old grass series for males when he tackles seven opponents in the $300,000 Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) Aug. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Mountaineer Cancels; Parx Loses Most of Card
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- Average, Median Rise at Inglis Yearling Sale
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- TOBA to Present Pedigree, Conformation Clinic
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout