Less than a year after the New York Racing Association hired a veteran lawyer to help clean up its reputation in the wake of the betting takeout scandal, the now state-run racing corporation is moving to find a replacement.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders have reached an accord on the temporary takeover of the New York Racing Association by the state government.
The New York Racing Association has named Ellen McClain as its new president and Kenneth V. Handal as acting general counsel and chief ethics and compliance officer.
Most Popular Stories
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Daring Dancer Wins Appalachian With Key Move
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- European Mark Smashed Again at Tattersalls
- Strait of Mewsina Sires First Foal