Less than a year after the New York Racing Association hired a veteran lawyer to help clean up its reputation in the wake of the betting takeout scandal, the now state-run racing corporation is moving to find a replacement.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders have reached an accord on the temporary takeover of the New York Racing Association by the state government.
The New York Racing Association has named Ellen McClain as its new president and Kenneth V. Handal as acting general counsel and chief ethics and compliance officer.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale