Florida-based trainer David Fawkes had good luck shipping Take d'Tour to New York to win grade I races in 2006 and 2007, and now he looks forward to doing well with his first New York-based stable at Aqueduct's fall and winter meets.
Reigning Eclipse Champion Male Turf horse Miesque's Approval was named 2006 Florida-bred Horse of the Year -- while also being honored as Florida-bred champion as older male, grass horse, and sprinter -- at the Florida TBOA awards banquet Sunday evening in Ocala.
Lava Man, the most prosperous claim in racing history, turns his attention back to grass racing on Saturday when the defending Sunshine Millions Classic champion lends his star power to the $500,000 Sunshine Millions Turf event at Santa Anita.
NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. I) winner Miesque's Approval captured three Florida-bred divisional champions for 2006 as announced recently by the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association.
Favored Rehoboth, rallying along the inside for Eibar Coa, won a long fight to the wire to defeat 31-1 shot Dazzling Dr. Cevin by a nose in the $200,000 Carl G. Rose Classic on Florida Million Day at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Revved Up, Weigelia and American Miss are back to defend their titles in the $1.2 million Florida Million, eight races for Florida-bred horses to be contested at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Alice Muller's Take D'Tour took advantage of her speed to post a front-running 5 ½-length victory over Balletto in the $147,000 Shuvee Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Belmont Park on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Rivals Back to Challenge Dortmund in SA Derby
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Blue Grass Hopefuls Train at Keeneland
- Grade II Winner Williamstown Dead at 25
- Frosted Looking to Rebound in Wood Memorial
- Blinkers On 'Truth Or Else' in Arkansas Derby
- Podcast: Haskin's Racing Review for April 1
- Ready for Rye Looms in Bay Shore Stakes
- HRTV to Air Penn National Gaming Challenge