Florida-based trainer David Fawkes had good luck shipping Take d'Tour to New York to win grade I races in 2006 and 2007, and now he looks forward to doing well with his first New York-based stable at Aqueduct's fall and winter meets.
Reigning Eclipse Champion Male Turf horse Miesque's Approval was named 2006 Florida-bred Horse of the Year -- while also being honored as Florida-bred champion as older male, grass horse, and sprinter -- at the Florida TBOA awards banquet Sunday evening in Ocala.
Lava Man, the most prosperous claim in racing history, turns his attention back to grass racing on Saturday when the defending Sunshine Millions Classic champion lends his star power to the $500,000 Sunshine Millions Turf event at Santa Anita.
NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. I) winner Miesque's Approval captured three Florida-bred divisional champions for 2006 as announced recently by the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association.
Favored Rehoboth, rallying along the inside for Eibar Coa, won a long fight to the wire to defeat 31-1 shot Dazzling Dr. Cevin by a nose in the $200,000 Carl G. Rose Classic on Florida Million Day at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Revved Up, Weigelia and American Miss are back to defend their titles in the $1.2 million Florida Million, eight races for Florida-bred horses to be contested at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Alice Muller's Take D'Tour took advantage of her speed to post a front-running 5 ½-length victory over Balletto in the $147,000 Shuvee Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Belmont Park on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncertainty as Delaware Drops Pletcher Case
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- American Pharoah Schools at Monmouth
- CHRB Rejects Proposed Decision on Valenzuela
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- Beshear, Moses to Speak at Round Table
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief