Mr. and Mrs. Bertram Firestone's Grand Reserve, to be ridden by Jerry Bailey, and Shadwell Stable's Tadreeb, with Jose Velez Jr. aboard, are the horses to beat in a field of 11 3-year-olds entered in Saturday's $200,000 Calder Derby (gr. IIIT) at 1 1/8 miles on turf.
Woodbine-based invader Jambalaya, a winner of three turf races in the past three months, is one of the horses to beat in the $100,000 Saranac (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds Sunday on the Saratoga grass course.
With a late surge, the maiden Interpatation nipped favored Tadreeb in Saturday's $100,000 Palm Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on the turf at Gulfstream Park.
A mishap ruined his last start, but Prince Rahy looks ready to take on stakes company for the first time in Saturday's $100,000 Palm Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT), according to trainer Frank Alexander.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Grade 3 Winner Chitu Sires First Foal
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow