Fred Bradley's resilient 8-year-old gelding Brass Hat entered the $111,800 Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) without a victory since September 2007 and winless in seven career starts on the grass. But with red-hot jockey Calvin Borel on his back, the gelded son of Prized returned to the winner's circle by roaring down the stretch and getting up in the final strides.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- ROAP Seeks Regulation of 'Program Trainers'
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- RMTC Nears Recommendation on Calming Agent
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn