The rate of reduction in foal losses in Kentucky is slowing, but it is still staggering. The latest figures from The Jockey Club show 32.4 percent less foals dropped in Kentucky this year through April 3 compared with a year ago.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- The pregnancy losses may have slowed, and University of Kentucky researchers may have identified the leading cause for the mare reproductive loss syndrome that hit the Bluegrass region this spring, but the damage is just now being assessed. The losses, which will be sustained over the next several years, will be devastating for many farm owners and breeders.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA